Music: Entertainment Rundown - July 14 2012
- Eric Clapton gets Marley remixed
- Three Little Birds, Legend Remixed docu-series
- Bob Marley's 'Three Little Birds' Gets 2013 Update
- A mother's touch
- One of the many mothers who gave the world an incomparable gift
Boxing and Partying squares off at Rocky 876
MJK Productions provided Kingston with a different type of party experience with the event Rocky 876, which was held at the Liguanea Club, New Kingston.
Rocky 876 has been dubbed as Jamaica's first "boxing party", as the event was a hybrid of a mixed-drinks inclusive party courtesy of sponsors J. Wray and Nephew and Wisynco, and also served as the venue for two boxing matches.
When asked for his reasoning behind such a unique concept, Sanjay Ramanand of MJK Productions responded, "As a producer of the Wray and Nephew Contender, we saw how much people enjoyed the boxing experience, but realized that a social component was missing, so the next logical step was to host a boxing party."
After a series of amateur fights, the opening professional bout for the boxing component of Rocky 876 saw Dwayne Rose overcoming Rohan Robinson, while the main event saw the inaugural victor of Wray and Nephew Contender Rikardo Smith defeating Derrick Spencer.
Ramanand states that there will be more Rocky 876's to be held in the future on a quarterly basis.
J.O.E's Man From Judah Released
Equiknoxx Music digitally released the posthumous debut album of recording artiste J.O.E entitled Man From Judah on July 13, 2012. The album features production almost entirely from Equiknoxx Music, and includes collaborations with artistes such as Krayzie Bone from Bone-Thugs-N-Harmony, Kymani Marley, Konshens, Chino, and several more. J.O.E died tragically on February 7, 2011 from an aneurysm. Purchase J.O.E's Man From Judah right here from ITunes
Mr. Vegas' Bruck It Down Premieres on Vevo
There seems no slowing down for Mr. Vegas on the international scene as the popular sinjay recently premiered the video for the remix to his spiraling hit "Bruck It Down" on YouTube's most popular channel Vevo. The remix to Bruck It Down features Bajan Soca Queen Alison Hinds and was directed by seasoned Jamaican director Jay Will. Watch the video for Bruck It Down (Remix) right here
Parasite named after Bob Marley
What was apparently meant to be a tribute, has left many Jamaicans feeling insulted, as Reggae Icon Bob Marley now shares his name with the fish predator parasite Gnathia Marleryi. According to the publicist of the name-giver scientist Dr. Paul Sikkel of Arkansas State University, they insist that this act was done in honour of Bob Marley, whom Dr. Sikkel is a supposed big fan of.
- Reggae Kinda Sweet: Photography by Pogus Caesar
- Maroons to shine at Reggae Film Festival with Akwantu documentary
- Win A Trip to Experience Jamaica From Roots to Reggae
- Jemere Morgan, Third Time Charm
- MixPak presents Inna Style N Fashion
- Yasus Afari returns with 'Wine Pon Paper'
- Rockhouse Hotel Outdoor Acoustic Concert Series
- The silent screams of Taj Francis
- Jamaican Art Initiative Turns to Kickstarter to Fund Project
- Marcus Thompson redefining normality of productions