Magazine: Lubica: Contemporary meets Bold
MORE MAGAZINE NEWS
- OUR ISLAND, JAMAICA Ebook
- Rituals: Your Third Place
- Strasbourg, France Reggae Global Report
- Helsinki, Finland: Reggae Global Report
- Jah Rock and Jah Rastafari
All Lubica creations are handmade, from special yarns that she imports from Europe. According to the designer, "Lubica is a very easy-to-wear, very flattering, Caribbean-inspired line that translates well all over the world. The collection is casual chic, but all the pieces can go from day to night. I often use lots of bright colors and have my signature hand appliqué (best known is the flower)."
To date, the line features three collections: Toucan, Bliss and the most recent, Trinity. Lubica also has another collection under her umbrella known as Anuna, a collaboration with popular Jamaican songstress Tami Chynn. "I mentioned it to her one day during our afternoon jogs and she got very excited and the rest was history. We work well together and the energy was right. I wanted to do a collection inspired by her and that is what we did," she said. "The collection got a great response and maybe we will do another one sometime soon. For now, we are concentrating on our boutique Belle, which is a part of the Base Kingston and Belle (men-women) lifestyle boutique in Upper Manor Park Plaza."
Lubica has been showcased in several publications, including NYC, XXL, Mahogany Magazine, SHE Caribbean Magazine, popular Slovakian fashion magazine EMMA and Peace Magazine, to name a few. The line was also a part of L'Oreal Toronto Fashion Week, Toronto Alternative Arts and Fashion Week and also Pulse Caribbean Fashion Week in Jamaica. The designer is now preparing to do several other shows in Europe, Jamaica and Cayman.
Lubica's rising publicity has appealed to women from Jamaica's elite to Slovakian entertainers. "I am really lucky that my designs attract women of all ages, from 19 to 65 years. The Lubica customer is a woman with average or above average disposable income, that isn't afraid to try new things and new designers. She actually looks for unique pieces and appreciates the hand detailing," said the designer. She further added, "I try to stay current but also concentrate on making "timeless" pieces that my customers can enjoy anywhere and anytime without looking dated."
The line is currently available in Jamaica at Kerry manwomanhome boutique. For more details and other information concerning retail of Lubica, you may visit the website www.lubica.com.
- Jermaine Edwards Premieres Number One
- Eric Clapton gets Marley remixed
- Behind The Music: Sound Check with Hugh 'Redman' Jackson
- MixPak presents Inna Style N Fashion
- Ky-mani Marley dabbles in electro-country
- Yasus Afari returns with 'Wine Pon Paper'
- A La Jamaique explores the sound system
- Rockhouse Hotel Outdoor Acoustic Concert Series
- Three Little Birds, Legend Remixed docu-series
- The Congos lauded 36 years after 'Heart of The Congos' release